ENGINEERING COURSES FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS

LECTURES & APPLICATIONS

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

I NEED YOur HELP . PLEASE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ENG.SULIMAN.ALQAHTANI

PostSubject: I NEED YOur HELP . PLEASE   Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey Guys,

I have these questions about general physics (Phys 101). These questions are very important to me because it includes 15% of my grade. Please help me!! Sad . I choose this web site because of ENG. saeed. He is one of my best friend ever. Note, I have to done with these questions by this Frieday April,23. Even if you know just answer of one Question.

Give me your answers on a separate sheet of paper and staple to this sheet. Show all your work, including equations, constants and values used, such as specific heat. Points are shown for each problem.
1. Why do bubbles expand as they rise to the top of a pot of boiling liquid? (3 pts)
2. Explain why the rms velocity of a gas increases when it is adiabatically compressed. (3 pts)
3. Sketch a PV diagram for the following process, label each state with its appropriate letter (beginning with a), and draw the arrows showing direction of the process: (10 pts)

a. 3.0 m3 of an ideal gas at 3 atm
b. pressure is tripled with no change in volume
c. Isothermal expansion to 5 atm
d. Isobaric expansion to 10 m3
e. Adiabatic compression to 2 atm with an internal energy loss of 6x105 J.
4. A metal box in the shape of a cube which is 0.2 meter on a side contains 8 grams of Oxygen at 8.5 atm. of pressure. Assuming an ideal gas, what is the temperature of the gas inside the box? (tricky MCAT problem) (5 pts)
5. I filled the 16 Liter gas tank of my motorcycle to the very top with gasoline on a very cold day (15oF). I parked my bike in the sun and came back to find half a liter overflowed onto the ground. How warm did the bike get? Hint: Volumetric thermal expansion. (5 pts)

6. A bucket holds 10 kg of Ethyl Alcohol at 300 oK. A certain amount of alcohol evaporates from the surface, and the temperature drops by 3.5 oC. How much alcohol evaporated? (5 pts)
7. In an engine, 0.45 moles of gas at 1050 oK in a cylinder expand adiabatically against the piston. The gas does 3200 J of work against the piston. What is the final temperature of the gas? (5 pts)
8. Artic Explorers have survived blizzards by covering themselves with snow. Explain in terms of heat transfer why that is possible. (5 pts)
9. If you placed a window air conditioner on a table in a closed room and turned it on, what would happen to the average air temperature inside the room and explain why? (5 pts)
Bonus #1: Explain the Thermal physics behind this sign. (3 pts)

Bonus #2: Suppose I pick up a bunch of papers that are strewn all over the floor of my office and put them in a neat stack. Explain if this violates the second law of thermodynamics. (2 pts)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ENG.SULIMAN.ALQAHTANI

PostSubject: Re: I NEED YOur HELP . PLEASE   Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:14 pm

i think no one is gonna answer me in this web site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I NEED YOur HELP . PLEASE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ENGINEERING COURSES FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS :: GENERAL COURSES :: PHYSICS FORUM-
Jump to: